This page will be frequently updated with new tips and makes.
Use #talbyme to be featured.
Click on the filters to narrow the selection, click on the images to read more.
- Skip the front and back seam, put the pattern on fold (exclude the seam allowance)
- Make a casing for the elastic and pull it through (although it will not give the exact same effect as the sewn in elastic)
- Experiment with different elastic widths
- Choose a softer knitted elastic
- Use the base of the machine to stretch the elastic on the cuffs
- Divide the fabric and the elastic in four parts and pin together before stretching and sewing
- Add piping to the mid front and/or back seam
- Use contrasting colour for the topstitching
- Add slits at the bottom hem side seams
- Lengthen it to a dress
… or make a faux dress with the A-line Midi Skirt in the same fabric
- Use different fabrics for transforming the look and feel
- Make a boat neck/a more rounded neckline by using our neckline adjustments
- Make the top more tailored with fuller bust and/or forward shoulder adjustments
More tips from makers can be found on product detail page , scroll down to the reviews section.