This photo tutorial guides you if making the standard neck line.
However, it seems to be confusing for some makers so we have also created an alternate way of doing the the neck facing, which is easier to finish if you wish to try it out.
1. The cut in the corners
2. Neck facing folded outwards
3. Place the neck facing on front left side inwards
4. Fold down the facing on front right side to be sewn onto the neck opening bottom part (the ”square” opening.)
5. Sew with 1 cm seam allowance.
5B. From the outside
6. Put the front right side, towards the front left side (right sides together) – fold it in the corner of the ”square” opening.
7. Sew with 1 cm seam allowance (in the middle of the two seam allowances.
7B. Detailed image from the side. The seam allowance from the neck opening bottom part should be folded upwards and the seam allowance for the facing front left should be folded downwards.
8. Press the seam allowance down throughout the neck line.
9. Detailed image down into the cleavage from the outside of the dress.
10. From the outside.
11. From the inside, when made the big fold of the whole pleat and before sewing the final seam of 7 cm (XS-L)/10 cm (XL-3XL).