Easy pattern change to increase the seat width:
- Draw a line about 20 cm below the waist.
- Draw a vertical line in the middle of the pattern piece.
- Cut apart along the vertical line, but save 1 cm at the top towards the waistline.
- Pull the parts apart until the increase at the seat corresponds to 1/4 of the total increase you need. If the front skirt part becomes too wide for your fabric, you can put a seam at centre front. Do not forget to add seam allowance.
- If you change it to a 4-piece skirt, we suggest you move the grainline to the centre of the skirt parts.